Exploring Vancouver

Vancouver is one of those places that I've heard about so many times but never visited... until now. The city has always held so much fascination for me, and just over 3 weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting the beautiful seaside city.


I have to say that Stanley park is one of my favourite attractions in the city. With a beautiful oceanside view of the city skyline, the park is full of people jogging, walking, or biking. I really get a feel of what Vancouver is like just by walking along the gorgeous seawall. Of course, at low tides, you can meet some interesting creatures :)


Another very fun place to explore is the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. Offering a magnificent view of the leafy rain forests, the park has many interesting trails, bridges, cliff walks and even tree top trails to walk through! 


Capilano Park was quite educational too! I learned so much about birds of prey and the types of plant life present by listening to speakers and reading the interesting tidbits on the signs around the park.


I've long heard stories about the beauty of the UBC campus, right on the west end. When we visited, I thought the campus really was very beautiful, and calming. We headed down to a beach right on the edge of the school, unfortunately we weren't able to stay since it was "clothing optional"...


Finally, don't forget the FOOD! Vancouver had some pretty delicious meals to offer. I really liked some of the authentic Chinese food at the Richmond Public Market! Yum...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Quotes

Feeling adultish and sophisticated after my first vote :D

A Tissue Box Catapult - Revelations after reading David and Goliath