It's never too late to fix things...

Today, I was feeling crafty. So with a bunch of old t-shirts, I made three circle scarves, various headbands, and a 30 foot rope that would be an excellent escape from a tall building. While rummaging through my closet, I came across a pair of saucony running shoes. They were a light mint green colour with silver stripes. I must have bought them at least 3 years ago. But due to a small tear in the netting on the left corner of the left shoe, I haven't worn them since.

So, I decided to get even more crafty and fabulous by fixing my shoes! I don't know why I never thought of it before... I guess I never had much time or thought I couldn't fix them and would just throw them out. So, here I am, 3 years later, taking my sewing kit out and fixing up my shoes... and ta da! It worked!

I guess that fixing my shoes after all these years made me a bit sentimental. It made me think, why not other things as well? Things that we should have fixed years before but left broken and untended. Relationships perhaps; apologies to be made, misunderstandings to be cleared up. As cheesy as it sounds, it's never too late to attempt to made amends. You'll never know unless you try. Perhaps like my runnings shoes, the mending is worth the final result of a lighter heart and happier soul.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Quotes

Feeling adultish and sophisticated after my first vote :D

A Tissue Box Catapult - Revelations after reading David and Goliath