Saying Goodbye to my Cousins

My cousins have been staying with us for over a week now, and they just left today to go travel around the Toronto Area. This is only the second time that I've been with my youngest cousin Alex. It really is a shame that so many of my relatives are in China, and I don't get to see them as often as I would like. Alex, at 5, still remembers me from when I visited him at his house last year.

It's been wonderful to spend so much time with my family this week. I feel like sometimes we get so caught up in work and our daily lives that we don't get to spend much time with those who matter most.  Family is something that's irreplaceable. Friends can come and go, but family stays forever.

For the past week, Alex and I have been making a great deal of crafts together. He loves superheroes, so we've made a Captain America shield, Batman gun, and Iron Man gloves. My aunt says that he's always excited to see me come home since he loves making crafts with me. I really love my little cousin. He's so energetic, fun and sassy with a quick temper, and intelligent mind as well as a lot of witty remarks for a 5 year old.

Man, I hope that I can see him soon in the future, and that we'll have even more adventures together the next time we meet! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Quotes

Feeling adultish and sophisticated after my first vote :D

A Tissue Box Catapult - Revelations after reading David and Goliath